Online registration will be closed on June 1, 2018.
- Flag football for K5-1st and 2nd - 3rd grade divisions
- Tackle football teams for 4th, 5th, and 6th grades
- Teammates will be Briarwood and Westminster classmates
- There will be 1 game per week on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays (no Wednesday activities)
- Home games at Lions Pride Stadium
- Cheerleading uniform and football spirit pack samples will be available for sizing and ordering on April 14th at our on-site registration. Also, football spirit packs and game day polo's will be available for on-site for sizing and ordering
- Cheerleading is open for Flag football grades K5-3rd and Tackle football grades 4th-6th
- Summer cheer camp will be held July 30 - August 1st from 8:00-12:00
- 2nd Annual Briarwood Athletics Golf Tournament – August 27th (For details call (205) 281-8018)
JSYFL Important Dates:
- First Week of August Fall Practice Begins (exact date to be announced later)
- August 18th.....JSYFL Weigh-In
- August 27th.....JSYFL League Play begins
Football Registration (April 7th - June 1st)
Cheerleading Registration (April 7th - June 1st)
Cheerleading is open to girls K5 through 6th grade in the fall of 2018. – Cheerleading is open for Flag football grades K5-3rd and Tackle football grades 4th-6th. Summer cheer camp will be held July 30th - August 1st from 8:00-12:00.
Flag Football (K5-1st and 2nd-3rd)
*Limited positions are available for flag football teams. Sign up now to reserve your spot.
Now Pay with VENMO. The Venmo (PayPal) account is Keith Miller@Cahaba-Valley-Football. In submitting the payments please include the players name whom the payment is for and what the payment is for (2nd grade Flag football or 5th grade Tackle)
Make checks payable to CAHABA VALLEY FOOTBALL
Please mail your payment by June 1st to:
Attn: CVL (Tackle Football, Flag Football or Cheerleading)
3739 Altacrest Drive
Birmingham, AL 35243
Minimum play time for all players!
- There will be 1 game per week on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays (no Wednesday activities).
- Games and practices will be held at Briarwood High School.
CVL provides game jersey, game pants, belt and helmet (game pants, belt and helmet will be fitted and issued at practice).
During equipment fitting, a representative will be onsite to assist with helment and shoulder pad fitting.
NOTE: Cahaba Valley Football does not provide shoulder pads.
- $45.00 | 2018 Tackle Football Spirit Packs (Lions t-shirt, shorts and practice jersey)
- $40.00 | 2018 Flag Football Spirit Pack (Lions t-shirt and shorts)
- $45.00 | 2018 Lions Game Day Polo
ADDITIONAL ITEMS NEEDED FOR FOOTBALL PLAYERS
▪ 1 pair White Practice Pants with knee & thigh pads
▪ 1 pair Football cleats (plastic cleats not metal cleats)
▪ White No Show Socks or White Socks (calf-length)
(check with your Head Coach for sock preference)
▪ 1 set Football Shoulder Pads
▪ 1 each Mouth Piece
Your Head Coach will be glad to answer any questions or assist you with your son’s needs.
If your football player is new to CVL football, e-mail a photo copy of their birth certificate to your head coach.
UPDATE: Beginning in the 2014 season, it is mandatory that each player participate in at least 6 plays of each game unless he is injured or held for disciplinary reasons. See our QUESTIONS tab for more details.
If you have questions please email Jimmy Clemmer.